Friday, August 30, 2024

August 29

So grateful today for great men in my life.

Aug 29, 1919 - The birthday of my dear grandfather, John Swain, who would have turned 105. I was only 9 when he passed away. I can still see him in his blue work uniform playing solitaire on the floor while listening to the dodger game on the radio or on the TV. I can feel his love across space and time.




Aug 29, 1926 The birthday of a second grandfather who turned 98 yesterday and brought so much joy and love to my dear grandmother in the last years of her life. He treated and loved me like his own and I was grateful to spend time with him.








Aug 29, 2024 - The resting day of my wonderful father-in-law whom I adored. We spent so much time with him over the years hiking, camping, going on trips and small adventures. So grateful for his dedication to family and the things that mattered most. He was a wonderful grandpa to my children and an example of hard work, determination, and faith.
I’ve been so blessed by their daily decisions to be committed, responsible, and loving fathers devoted to their families. It has made all the difference to me and my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment